“BATON ROUGE – LSU Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Joe Alleva announced Saturday that Chris Blair, currently the “Voice” of Georgia Southern University Athletics, has been named as the next “Voice of the Tigers” beginning with the 2016 LSU baseball season.
Blair, whose title will be Director of Radio Broadcasting, is expected to join the LSU Athletics Department in December 2015. Blair is currently the General Manager and Voice of the Eagles at Georgia Southern Sports Properties.
Jim Hawthorne, the present and longtime “Voice of the Tigers,” will finish his career by calling the 2015 LSU football and 2015-16 men’s basketball seasons before retiring after more than 30 years on play-by-play duty for three sports at LSU.
“Chris Blair is a rising star and we are excited to bring him to LSU as the next voice of the Tigers,” said Alleva. “We had many quality candidates and Chris just stood out. It’s the premier play by play job in college athletics and we’ve hired a guy who will do a great job of being the radio voice of LSU athletics. His passion, knowledge and love of radio is something LSU fans will quickly notice and identify with. We are excited to have him join our staff.” ”
“Back in March, Sportsradio 94 WIP host Rob Ellis left the station after being demoted from afternoons to the night shift (a move he first became aware of after reading about it on Crossing Broad).
Ellis left to become the host of the new Comcast sports morning show “Breakfast on Broad,” but apparently he’s not quite finished spending time on the Philly airwaves.”
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (CBS) — He’s making the transition from slam dunks to headers. The voice of the Philadelphia 76ers, Marc Zumoff, is the guest on the KYW Philly Soccer Show. With usual Union play-by-play announcer JP Dellacamera in Canada to call the Women’s World Cup, Zumoff has been in the booth the last couple games. He talks about his interest in soccer, and what it’s like going from hoops to the beautiful game.
Then Kevin Kinkead from CBS-3 joins the talk. We break down the last couple games from the Union. They picked up a strong win at home against Columbus Crew FC 3-0 only to follow it up with a 2-1 loss again at home to the lowly NYCFC. We also talk Women’s World Cup as the U.S. ladies beat Australia 3-1 in their first game.
- Recent graduate of Hope College in Holland, Michigan
- Spent last summer broadcasting games for a collegiate league baseball team in Lisle, IL
- He is now a graduate assistant in broadcasting and production at Columbus State University working on the UStream productions of six sports (women’s soccer, volleyball, men’s/women’s basketball, baseball, softball) for the CSU Cougars, who play in the Division II Peach Belt Conference
- His ultimate goal is to become the radio or television voice for a major sports team
- Entering her junior year at Temple University
- Broadcast journalism major with a political science minor
- Involved with both Temple Update and WHIP radio
- On radio, hosts a show called “Temple Pulse”
- This summer interned for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia for their internal broadcast network
- Eventually wants to work in television news
Join our mailing list to receive news and updates.
Upload your Demo Reel and Marc will personally review it for you, at no charge.
Personal, comprehensive, accessible coaching and career development for news and sports broadcast performers©